Reference Documents

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sneaky, Sneaky, Sneaky

Today my public records request from the California Coastal Commission arrived. It's happening again in 2012 as it did in 2005.

People who don't like the sewer project that the County is building have decided to go behind the backs of the rest of the community and are attempting to have pulled the Coastal Development permit that the California Coastal Commission granted to the project. No permit and the project can't move ahead.

I find this subterfuge sneaky and dangerous. I find this action arrogant, as if they were telling the community, "we know what's best for you, your poor decisions don't count, what you want doesn't matter —because WE ARE RIGHT." Did anybody ASK the rest of us if this is what we wanted? NO. They're just going ahead with endangering the project's funding and our credibility with all of the relevant agencies.

Details to follow in subsequent posts, I am so mad I can't type well right now.

2 comments:

AT said...

Los Osos in a few years?

http://workinginmynightie.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/open-sewer-slum.jpg

Sewertoons AKA Lynette Tornatzky said...

Yikes! But I think not.