Reference Documents

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Squatty Potty

OK, you can't say that I don't bring you the most fun stuff! This is a no-holds blog on....poop, and how-to, in this case. I encountered what I believe to be an original version the of squatty potty while in Turkey a few years back, and I'm sure there are other countries that feature this mode of sanitary facilities as well, but I have not been there yet. Some of the places in the Turkish countryside only had these porcelain floor troughs that had foot guides for squatting over, while in the cities there might be two modes offered - this described squat type, and the "throne" type that we in Western countries are accustomed to. The difference in Turkey was, you just squatted, there was no seat to perch on. And yes, there was water to flush with! I think somewhere in the old posts here I had a photo, but I am too lazy to go back and find it.

I didn't go looking for this item - it was on my Facebook feed. Odd that it took Facebook this long to get a clue on a suggested post for me considering I mention my sewer blog on there. Maybe they don't have much to work with?

If any more fun items like this pop up, I will be happy to share them here! And if any more fun Los Osos sewer stuff comes up, I will be reporting that here, too. Sad to say - or maybe happy to say - the pool of stories on that topic has been rather shallow of late.



On the danger of overloading you with this type of content, I will post one more video. But I will warn you right now, this is not for the weak of stomach, as you will be laughing a lot (and it is a bit gross too). Watch at your own peril!

No comments: